Calling all ESUSA Member Programs!
Are you interested in collecting student social and emotional growth data with a standardized national tool?
ESUSA will provide a standardized student survey tool for programs to use which can be matched to measure change over time. We are developing an online portal with DART Analytics which will allow programs to upload their survey data and to view the results of their individual program. The database will also include program demographic data. The power of this system is in the collective impact of widespread standardized data collection.
The Online Database Will
- Enable non-profits to have performance and program data to better understand how to manage their programs/operations and understand their reach.
- Simplify data collection for reporting to funders.
- Enable comprehensive analysis of program impact through valid and relevant data collection.
- Standardize data collection for understanding program impact on social emotional growth (SEL); self-reported academic achievement and behavior; identity; goal-setting, etc.
El Sistema USA Is Providing a Pre and Post Student Survey Tool for Member Organizations To Use To Measure Six Social Emotional Indicators:
- Confidence/Self Esteem
- Empathy/Cultural Sensitivity
Individual organizations will be able to review their own data results from the pre and post surveys. ESUSA will track student change over time. This is a tested survey tool which will be available free of charge to members who meet the participation criteria.
Organizations Are Invited To Apply To Participate in National Research With El Sistema USA Research Consultant, Deborah Ward, Ph.D. Participation Criteria Require Programs To:
- Be an organizational member of El Sistema USA in good standing
- Serve students in 4th grade or above
- Attend an informational session on August 29 at 2pm ET/11am PT (or schedule another check in with ESUSA staff)
- Attend up to two training sessions (September 2023)
- Attend a debrief session (June 2024)
- Collect student surveys within six weeks of the start of your program in fall 2023 and within six weeks of the end of your program in spring 2024 following the prescribed guidelines and procedures set forth by ESUSA during training
If you are interested in participating, reach out to Elizabeth Moulthrop at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29, 2023.