Giving Tuesday: December 3, 2019!
In tandem with the El Sistema USA National Symposium January 31-February 2, 2020 we are hosting a regional ‘seminario’ – or a super-gathering of students from all across North Carolina and the Southeast for a 2-day intensive workshop in which 80 students will rehearse, learn in sectionals and perform a final celebration concert.
Our Member partners joining the Seminario include:
- Raleigh, Durham, NC — Kidznotes
- Burlington, NC — Young Musicians of Alamance
- Charlotte, NC — Charlotte Symphony Orchestra & Arts+ “Project Harmony”
- Winston Salem, NC — Winston Salem Symphony’s Piedmont Learning Academy for Youth (PLAY)
- Baltimore, MD — Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s OrchKids
- Washington, DC — DC Youth Orchestra Program
- Newport News, VA — Soundscapes
- Henry County, GA — Henry For Music, Inc.
Students will travel to Durham, NC for 2 days of rehearsal, collaborative performance, and an experience to last a lifetime! El Sistema USA Board Member and nationally renowned string pedagogue Scott Laird will conduct “Hear Our Song,” the anthem of the partnership between El Sistema USA and The Canales Project, the international organization whose mission is to promote issues of identity and culture through music. This Seminario will support and promote student leadership as high school students will lead their middle and elementary school peers in sectionals, team building, and music arranging.
Our goal is to raise $3,500 to support the hotel rooms and meals for our traveling students – thank you so much for considering making a gift today!
Support El Sistema USA!
El Sistema USA is supporting and growing a nationwide movement of programs inspired by El Sistema to effect social change through music for children with the fewest resources and the greatest need.
Your gift helps us support:
Should you prefer to mail a check, please make it out to “El Sistema USA” and send it to PO Box 945, Durham, NC 27702.