There are many types of resources available to help guide you through the intricacies of starting and operating a non-profit. We have included a few links below, but if you are seeking resources pertaining to general non-profit management, such as obtaining 501(c)3 status, grant writing and fundraising, human resource management, board formation and management, etc., it would be most helpful to contact your own state’s center for non-profit management. It’s also likely that a local university might have resources and individuals who would be able to assist in improving the day-to-day governance and operation of the organization.
Members: Be sure to check out our Video Library and Store within the Member Portal for LOTS of useful Fundraising Webinars and supplemental materials.
- Local: Find your state’s nonprofit center by visiting https://nasaa-arts.org
- National and International: See Foundation Center, the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide
- PRESTO: Nurturing new programs through funding and mentorship
Other Helpful Links
Please see our International Resources Page
- YOLA Resource Library
- Sistema Global Rep and Resources
- HBR Thriving Employees – A very good article on how to create sustainable high performance and employee satisfaction
- Book – The Art of Governance – Roche and Whitehead
- Form 1023, the Complete Guide to Starting a Nonprofit Organization
- The Guidestar Blog
- SERA – Sistema Evaluation & Research Archive