Website WHIN Music Community Charter School
Founded in 2016, The Washington Heights and Inwood Music Community Charter School (“WHIN Music Community Charter School” or “WHIN”) is the first El Sistema based school in New York City. Its diverse population of more than 350 K-6 students receive rigorous, inquiry-driven, project-based academic curricula with two hours of daily music instruction based on the El Sistema model. In this tradition, WHIN creates a positive learning environment where all members feel safe and welcome, engaging social inclusion through music and enabling students to view themselves as assets to their communities.
WHIN is seeking a strategic fundraising professional to serve as the school’s first Director of Development. Reporting to the Founder & Executive Director, the Director of Development will be responsible for devising and implementing a comprehensive development plan that scales affinity and financial support for WHIN, inclusive of individual donors, foundations supporters and corporate partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan that enables WHIN to meet its goals
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty in a way that is authentic to WHIN
- Report on program progress to senior management and the Board
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses
- Deepen relationships and engagement with existing donors, scaling support through specific and tailored cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship tactics
- Identify and build connections with new and prospective donors leading to first-time gifts
- Manage and leverage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including Salesforce CRM and wealth screening tools
- Produce signature fundraising and donor stewardship events in coordination with staff and volunteers
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations to secure private philanthropic support
- Recruit, train, and support key volunteers and Board members to assist in advancement efforts
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip staff and Board members to reach them
- Supervise part-time Development Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7-10 years of experience including donor portfolio management and development strategy
- A proven ability to develop and execute winning fundraising strategies and techniques across all fundraising verticals
- Experience mentoring, coaching and managing development staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence from others
- Sound judgement and decision-making capabilities
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and contribute at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of CRM software required; Salesforce preferred
- Salary range: $110,000 – $120,000 annually
- Robust benefits package includes:
- Customizable Medical, Dental, and Vision plans so you can create a personalized health care package for you and your family’s needs.
- Up to 6% 403(b) Discretionary Retirement fund determined annually by the Board of Directors
- Free Disability coverage: WHIN pays 100% of the premium for Short and Long Term Disability insurance, which covers 60% of an employee’s salary, should they ever have a need to go out on a leave of absence
- Free Life Insurance coverage: WHIN pays 100% of the premium for Basic Life Insurance at 1x’s the employee salary. Employee has the ability to purchase extra life insurance for themselves, their spouse, and their child(ren) at very affordable rates and if they have leftover benefit bucks, they can use their benefit bucks to cover the premium
- Conveniently located off the A, C, and 1 trains as well and many Manhattan and Bronx bus stops
- A position at an extremely unique, exciting, music focused charter school
- A collaborative and fun working environment working alongside committed, open-minded, and kind professionals
WHIN Music Community Charter School is an equal rights and opportunity agency and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry, marital status, or any other legally protected classification in its activities, educational programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, IX, and Section 504.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.