We currently seek an After School Teaching Assistant to support the Progressions after school music program at multiple school sites in the Franklin-McKinley School District. This role works directly with students and facilitates out-of-school time activities of our program such as: homework tutor, recreation, and snack.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist lead teacher in delivering high-quality music instruction to beginning music students (4th-6th grade).
- Coordinate administrative and logistic functions of snack time, homework center, and daily attendance.
- Act as positive role model and advisor to students
- Support general Progressions outreach, marketing efforts, and data collection.
- Coordinate weekly with other Progressions coordinators for continuous program assessment and planning.
- Coordinate school site, other after school programs, and Progressions calendars to sync effectively.
- Attend orientation, professional development, and regular staff meetings.
- Basic knowledge of child development, culturally responsive teaching, and beginning music pedagogy.
- Interested in how music and education intersect.
- Punctual, self-starter, and flexible.
- Strong communication & organizational skills and a patient demeanor.
- Upon hiring: TB test, FBI fingerprint, COVID-19 Vaccine Certification, and mandated reporter training required.
- CPR and First-Aid certification (optional).
- 10-20 hours per week: Classes are 2 or 4 days/week, Mon/Wed 2-5:30pm and/or Tues 2-5:30pm & Thur 12-3:30pm.
- Some Saturday mornings for concerts or community music day activities. 10am-12pm.
Compensation & Benefits
- $20-$22 per hour (commensurate with experience)
- Professional Development is compensated and includes: online training, in-person professional music ed conferences,
and other workshops & trainings as opportunities arise.
- School District partnership & networking opportunities with Franklin-McKinley School District (FMSD) and Santa Clara
County Office of Education (SCCOE).
Start Date: September, 2022.
To Apply: Submit a short description of your teaching philosophy and your resume to email@example.com.