Title: Marketing and Communications Consultant
Organization: Teaching Artists Training Institute
Classification: Independent Contractor
Start Date: As soon as filled
To apply: Send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the words “Marketing and Communications Consultant” in the subject line. Applications without Cover Letter will not be taken into consideration.
Founded in 2020 by a generous grant from the Paul M. Angell Family Foundation, the Teaching Artists Training Institute (TATI) believes that transformational music education starts with transformational training for teachers. TATI works to equip Teaching Artists of El Sistema-inspired and community music programs, many of whom come from classical performance backgrounds, with the tools and skills needed to continue improving their teaching practice for the betterment of their students. Through reflection, dialogue, observation and feedback, teachers learn to be their own best coach and critic.
The Marketing and Communications Consultant will support TATI in creatively sharing our story through digital and print media, using their skills to engage, influence, and monitor all key platforms. Applicants must be well-versed in social media platforms, in addition to experience with WordPress, MailChimp, and Canva or similar digital marketing tools. The Marketing and Communications consultant should demonstrate strong skills in creativity, organization, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
● Participate in developing and executing marketing strategies to ensure high‐impact digital and print communications, and support all of TATI’s communication efforts to expand the visibility of the organization.
● Create compelling, persuasive, relevant, and accurate communications content that will increase engagement with the organization and build support for its mission with the goal of growing its constituents and support from its donor base.
● Collaborate with TATI’s Managing Director to develop content for all digital and in‐print communications including social media posts, bimonthly newsletters, website updates, brochures and other collateral materials.
● Create visual assets when needed.
● Monitor social media to define KPI and user engagement; suggest content for SEO.
● Ensure brand consistency across all external materials and communications.
● Contribute to organizing and maintaining internal libraries of visual and printed assets.
● Strong commitment to and alignment with Teaching Artists Training Institute’s mission,
● Experience working with e‐marketing platforms (currently using MailChimp),
● Experience editing websites in WordPress,
● Ability to follow strategic and operational planning and implementation of marketing initiatives and best industry practices,● Knowledge of the use of social media in today’s media landscape, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, YouTube, etc.,
● Knowledge of and experience with graphic design platforms and software such as Canva, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop is desirable,
● Ability to set and adhere to strict deadlines; comfortable working in a fast‐paced, ever‐shifting environment; rapid problem‐solving skills,
● Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills,
● Exceptional attention to detail,
● Ability to embrace and incorporate direct feedback.
Independent Contractor classification: It is understood and acknowledged that in providing the Services, Contractor acts in the capacity of an independent contractor and not as an employee or agent of the Teaching Artists Training Institute (TATI). Contractor shall control the conditions, time, details, and means by which Contractor performs the Services. The Managing Director of TATI shall have the right to inspect the work of Contractor as it progresses solely for the purpose of determining whether the work is completed according to this Agreement. Contractor shall not be eligible for and shall not receive any employee benefits from TATI and shall be solely responsible for the payment of all taxes, FICA, federal and state unemployment insurance contributions, state disability premiums, and all applicable taxes and fees.