Providing intercultural music education
Manager of Communications & Development
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Exempt; $60,000-$75,000 per year
Application Priority Deadline: February 10, 2023
Founded in 2011, INTEMPO is a Stamford, CT-based non-profit arts education and youth-development organization whose mission is to make music education relevant, accessible, and inclusive through the use of classical and cross-cultural instruments and repertoire. INTEMPO aims to create a more inclusive community through the arts and youth-leadership.
Learn more about INTEMPO by visiting www.intempo.org.
INTEMPO seeks a creative and visionary Manager of Communications & Development who will be responsible for the creation, management, and execution of all of INTEMPO’s external and internal communications and development strategies. The right person for this job is a strategic thinker who will raise the visibility and awareness of INTEMPO’s work through our website, newsletters, social media platforms, media channels as well as donor-focused events.
The ideal candidate will 1. Be passionate about INTEMPO’s mission and excited about representing INTEMPO publicly and 2. Be an excellent writer with political and cultural savvy. The Manager of Communications & Development will have excellent writing, technology, and communications skills. The Manager will promote the mission of INTEMPO and keep the service populations, relevant stakeholders, and the general public informed of the organization’s goals and initiatives. This person will ensure that all branding and messaging is consistent across all levels of the organization. This position reports to the CEO and will work under the Development team, which consists of 1 FT person, and 2 PT team members.
- Create and implement a strategic communications plan that maintains brand integrity, amplifies INTEMPO’s programs, mission, and vision
- Develop and execute marketing plans and branding for new program initiatives
- Identify media, press, and guest speaker opportunities and implement campaigns around key initiatives and events
- Draft press releases, media kits, and marketing collaterals for segmented audiences
- Oversee the design of printed and digital marketing materials including annual reports, flyers, brochures, posters, invitations, programs, and letterhead
- Build and maintain cooperative relationships across print, broadcast, and online media outlets
- Manage all active social media platforms, drafting captions and co-designing all accompanying graphics for organic and paid posts
- Update and publish content for INTEMPO’s website, and work with program staff to ensure information and descriptions are current and accurate
- Act as primary point of contact with external website support
- Other duties as assigned
- Support the CEO and Development Committee with the creation and implementation of the annual development plan, related activities and required deliverables/measures of success
- Manage, update and analyze donor/ Customer Relationship Management software
- Conduct prospect research and assist in donor engagement communications
- Support the CEO and Development Committee with the execution and communications for quarterly development campaigns
- Lead planning and execution of fundraising/donor events
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a demonstrated track-record managing, coordinating and growing communications and development strategies for organizations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Three years of experience in communications, journalism/media, creative, marketing and/or development and fundraising
- Documented experience in engaging website content and social media management
- Exceptional campaign design, storytelling, and project management capable of communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast paced environment
- A broad understanding and interest in youth development, social justice, and music
- Knowledge of WordPress and graphic design is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Location: The location for this position is flexible, but in-person work is required at specific evenings and weekend events. INTEMPO has an office in Stamford, CT available for staff use.
Compensation: The position is a full time salaried exempt position. The salary range is $60,000-$75,000 commensurate on relevant qualifications and previous experience. INTEMPO offers health benefits, paid vacation, and flex time.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 3-4 contrasting work samples authored by applicant (minimum one written sample)
In the subject line please write: “Manager of Communications & Development – [Your Name].” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Priority deadline is February 10, 2023
INTEMPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.