Connect, Engage & Inspire through a lifetime of music educationo
String Sprouts Lead Cello Teacher
Position: String Sprouts Lead Teacher (part-time)
Structure: Weekly for 32-weeks, Sept. – May, 2 hours per week
Salary: $70 per hour
Training: Must be available for Sprouts training in July.
Supervisor: Program Manager and Executive Director
Heartland Chamber Music is seeking a Lead Teacher who is motivated, reliable, and an enthusiastic cello instructor for our early childhood education String Sprouts K.C. program.
The mission of Heartland Chamber Music is to connect, engage and inspire students of all ages through a lifetime of music education and performance. The organization has served more than 5000 students and presented more than 200 concerts throughout the past 20 years through year-round and summer chamber music programming.
String Sprouts is a unique music curriculum created by the Omaha Conservatory of music for ages 3-8. It is based on the key components of the Suzuki Violin Method which include a parental component and inspired by the El Sistema philosophy. The program has gained national attention through its innovative 5-year curriculum.
• Teaching group cello lessons with a positive attitude and enthusiasm
• Following the provided curriculum
• Cultivate and maintain a positive and structured classroom environment.
• Monitoring your classroom administrative and equipment needs
• Supervising your assistant teacher
• BA (preferred), MA (a plus)
• Proficient on the cello
• Have significant musical and/or educational training.
• Suzuki training (a plus)
• A passion to promote the collective practice of music to help children in achieving their full potential and acquiring values that favor their growth.
• Comfortable working with young children and their families
• Covid-19 Vaccination required.
Interested candidates, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Sprouts Lead Teacher”