Website Harmony Project Bay Area (Oakland sites)
Dear High School or College Students,
Thank you for your interest in the Harmony Project.
Please review this job description and requirements and apply by submitting the following application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Resume or summary of experience
– Brief cover letter highlighting any previous teaching or administrative experience, or why you would like to gain this experience at Harmony Project Oakland
– References will be requested after the initial application.
The chosen candidate will need to complete an orientation and background check/fingerprinting. Please note that this internship may be paid or unpaid (commensurate with experience) – both positions are available. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until December 15, 2023. Please contact us with any questions, and we look forward to meeting you.
Focus: Harmony Project Oakland is offering a unique opportunity for aspiring educators and musicians to gain valuable hands-on experience in the field of music education and nonprofit management. Working closely with our team of experienced professionals, interns will play an integral role in supporting our mission and initiatives.
Hours: Monday through Thursday after school hours, potentially Saturday mornings also (schedule subject to negotiation). Asynchronous tasks may be done during the workday.
Reports To: Harmony Project Oakland Program Executive, Suzanna Sitomer
Role and Responsibilities:
1) Strive to create programming that is culturally responsive and community-based, aligning with Harmony Project’s mission.
2) Provide administrative and teaching support to the Program Executive while gaining experience in teaching and/or the operations of a nonprofit, such as:
– Collaborate with teaching artists to assist in music classes and workshops for students at various skill levels
– Provide one-on-one or small group tutoring to students, offering personalized attention and support
– Assist the Program Executive in day-to-day operations, including data entry, organizing program schedules, and managing supplies
– Help with recruitment and community outreach to increase program visibility and impact
– Participate in team meetings as well as community-building events with program participants and their families, and ensure a positive experience with Harmony Project Oakland
– Assist in organizing parent/guardian meetings and workshops to foster a strong sense of community involvement