FAYM Violin Instructor for Group Lessons
Violin Teacher Needed
Foundation to Assist Young Musicians (FAYM)
The Foundation to Assist Young Musicians (FAYM) is now hiring for the positions of violin instructor for its group classes. There are positions in each of 6 levels ranging from 3rd grade to high school and skill levels from beginners to fifth year players.
Each FAYM class meets twice a week for an hour — either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs. First session starts at 4pm; second session at 5pm. Classes are held at the East Las Vegas Community Center or Pearson Community Center. Classes begin on September 6th, 2022. A paid orientation/training session will be held prior. The contract is for 9 months – ending May 11, 2023. Summer employment possibilities.
Violin Instructor Duties:
● Instructor is responsible for class to be set up to begin promptly on time.
● Instructor will teach from the provided curriculum but will have flexibility in the
choice of materials for their course.
● Instructor will put an emphasis on posture, intonation, kindness, and public
● There will be four required Saturday recitals (one each quarter) during the year.
● Take attendance daily
● Communicate with the program coordinator.
● Parent Engagement
Violin Instructor Skills and Qualifications
● Must be a violinist with a background that includes playing in an orchestra, has studied classically, and is knowledgeable about violin pedagogy.
● Experience in group teaching is desirable.
● Proficiency in Spanish is helpful but not required.
● $40 – $60 per class hour plus benefits (social security/workman’s compensation)
depending on qualifications. Instructors are considered “employees” not “independent contractors”.
● Instructors will be paid 2.5 hours of compensation to attend recitals and assist with set up/tear down and managing their students to perform and behave in a professional
How to Apply?
Please send your resume of teaching and playing experience to TimThomasFAYM@gmail.com no later than August 27, 2022.