FAYM – Assistant Coordinator
The Foundation to Assist Young Musicians (FAYM) seeks a part time bilingual (English/Spanish)
Assistant Coordinator to assist with day-to-day operations and work with students, parents, and teachers through May 2024.
FAYM classes meet Monday-Friday from 4PM-6PM. Classes are held at the East Las Vegas Community Center, Pearson Community Center, and East Las Vegas Library, and Boulevard Mall.
Assistant Coordinator Duties:
● Available 4PM – 6PM Monday through Thursday to attend class locations..
● Coordinate and maintain up-to-date attendance and instrument tracking
● Communicate with Spanish-speaking parents
● Work with teachers to contact missing or absent students
● Data Collection
● Instrument transportation and instrument resizing with students
● Tuition Collection and recording
Assistant Coordinator Skills and Qualifications
● Proficiency in performance and teaching on a stringed instrument
● Proficiency in speaking and writing English and Spanish
● Consistently maintain an encouraging attitude while dealing with children and parents
● Based on qualifications & experience
● Instructors are considered “employees” and not “independent contractors” meaning
FAYM pays into social security/workman’s compensation
● 10 week probationary period
How to Apply?
Please send your resume work experience to TimThomasFAYM@gmail.com. Looking to fill position by September 1, 2023. If you have any questions please contact Tim Thomas at (208)-514-9723 or the previous email.