Website El Sistema USA
- Status: Part Time Employee
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Dates: Starting September 15, 2023
- Hours: 25 hours per week
- Pay: $22-26/hour
El Sistema USA supports a nationwide movement of programs inspired by El Sistema to effect social change through music for children. ESUSA connects itself to and invests in developing the change-makers in the lives of young people. ESUSA has 140 Member Organizations which serve 25,000 students, supporting more than 6,000 Teaching Artists across 35 states.
We support our member organizations, administrators, teaching artists, and students through professional development, youth leadership, an annual National Symposium, regional gatherings, partner discounts & scholarships, consulting, evaluation & data resources, and more.
The Business & Memberships Manager provides administrative support to El Sistema USA and manages basic business operations, finances, and ESUSA memberships in conjunction with the Executive Director, Marketing Consultant, and Accounting Consultant.
Membership Development and Management
- Managing the membership database integrated with the ESUSA website
- Managing and updating data systems for collecting membership dues
- Manage new member onboarding
Operations & Finances
- Tracking gifts and acknowledgment letters, using the CRM DonorPerfect
- Running periodic donor and membership database reports
- Managing bill pay and all vendor accounts for El Sistema USA
- Managing responses of inquiry emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email account and answering and returning inquiries to ESUSA’s office phone line
- Managing an ESUSA credit card for bill pay and other necessary expenses for ESUSA
- Working with El Sistema USA’s Web Developer to update the ESUSA website
- Conducting the monthly financial reconciliation process, in partnership with ESUSA’s CPA firm
- Supporting programming activities of ESUSA including through scheduling conferencing, sharing notes and recordings, and payment of guest artists, facilitators, and contractors to ESUSA
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong candidates will offer:
- A commitment to equitable and high-quality music education, a deep belief in the transformative role of music, and a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G-Suites.
- Proficiency and experience with managing data within CRM systems, databases, and/or excel.
- Basic bookkeeping and financial experience.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop collaborative relationships with diverse constituencies and populations within a performing arts environment.
- Self starter and able to work independently.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years experience in an administrative role.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting and/or music education institution.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. The appointment will begin on September 15, 2023. For best consideration, applications should be submitted by August 20, 2023.
El Sistema USA® is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.