Website Colorado Symphony Association
Community Education Coordinator
Colorado Symphony Association (CSA) | Job Description
Title: Community Education Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Community Education
Classification: Full Time, Salaried
The Community Education Coordinator will support the Colorado Symphony Association’s (CSA) Education Department by handling patron inquiries, reports, outreach, and event support for all educational and community programs in Boettcher Concert Hall and throughout the greater Denver area. The Community Education Coordinator will work to achieve a greater appreciation and enriched understanding of symphonic music through family, school, and community engagement with the intent to improve and expand participation of schools and communities throughout Colorado in all its educational programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Outreach and Reservation Coordination:
- Manages box office education ticketing and tracks and generates reports for education concerts and events.
- Coordinates aspects of In-Boettcher Concert Hall and In-School/Community educational programs from outreach to responding to school inquiries; reminder emails; preparing seating charts; coordinating volunteers; etc.
- Prepares biweekly education programming reservation reports and tracks participation numbers, ticket sales, and scholarship totals for all educational programs.
- Works with Director of Web Experience and Community Education Manager to refine Tessitura to accommodate the needs of the education department.
- Represents the Symphony in a professional manner at all times.
- Assists in growing and deepening the CSA’s relationship with schools, school districts, church groups, and partner organizations and identifies areas of collaboration.
- Identifies ways to engage new constituents to the educational programs of the Colorado Symphony and implements a plan of action.
- Leads, plans, and organizes all Half Note/Pre-Concert activities each season.
- Coordinates volunteers, acquires supplies, and designs crafts and activities for Half Notes.
- Attends all Youth Concerts, Open Rehearsals, & Petite Musique, Sensory Friendly, CyBC concerts, In-School/Community concerts.
- Attends, as appropriate, other CSA educational programs/initiatives.
Administration and Shared Departmental Tasks:
- Plans, manages, and maintains the education season schedule in SharePoint and all other formats including electronic versions in collaboration with the Artistic Team
- Provides data for board reports, grant reports and applications, and other development needs.
- Supports and attends all Education Committee meetings.
- Conducts outreach activities to introduce school districts, schools, community organizations and other constituents to the Colorado Symphony.
- Supports family, school, and community engagement activities of the CSA’s education department and assists in activating CSA’s Community Ticketing Initiative (Nights Out @ Symphony and Teacher Appreciation Nights)
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends concerts of the orchestra regularly.
- Attends and supports all educational programs, as needed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the education community and other arts groups to enhance the CSA’s education and outreach efforts.
- Represents CSA at festivals and conferences such as CMEA, AMEE Festival, SCFD Educator’s Night, and other community events as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience conducting outreach and engaging diverse communities in a culturally relevant manner.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Ability to craft communications, flyers, social media posts, and outreach emails.
- High degree of flexibility in response to shifting responsibilities and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point applications.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish and ability to translate into English and Spanish preferred.
- A knowledge of and/or interest in music and performing arts preferred.
- Tessitura knowledge highly preferred.
Must be able to handle the physical demands commensurate with an active administrative position, including lifting up to 30 lbs. of equipment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range $44,000-$47,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The CSA offers a competitive salary and provides excellent benefits to all full-time employees including:
- Health insurance – three options to choose from (PPO Base, High Deductible (both 100% employer paid for employee only), or Buy-Up); all at low cost to the employee;
- Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/Accidental/Critical Illness, and Identity Theft Insurance;
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 100% Employer paid;
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts, including Medical and -Dependent Care, Employee Assistance Program, and Personal Loan Program;
- Paid time off – vacation, sick leave, seven National holidays, and two floating holidays;
- A 403(b) plan;
- Discounted tickets to CSA concerts;
- Work from home flexibility
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Community Education Coordinator in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
The Colorado Symphony Association an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit coloradosymphony.org.