Website Austin Soundwaves
We make music learning accessible and equitable for all
Reporting to the program director, the Program Manager is a reliable, organized, and detail-oriented professional with the capacity to effectively manage multiple programs and coordinate organizational events at Austin Soundwaves. The program manager will ensure the highest quality experience program-wide, supporting our efforts to make Austin Soundwaves a successful national model for collaborative music education and creative youth development.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic team player able to work independently and within a group, and is comfortable communicating with staff, students, families, and supporters in multiple settings. Approximately 25% of the work will take place during evenings and/or weekends, supporting select program sessions, concerts, and special events (6-8 times per month on average).
Program management (50%)
- Community programs management, including Draylen Mason Fellows Program, Mariachi Para Todos, scholarship/fellowship programs, and the Alumni Network.
- Facilitate program needs, including scheduling, communications, and execution of programs
- Community programs meet after school hours and on occasional weekends
- Select school programs management as needed
- Support collaborative programs such as the Austin Music Education Coalition
Events coordination (25%)
- Facilitate the successful execution of organization events throughout the year
- Plan and collaborate with the program director or designated event lead (captain)
- Develop consistent processes to ensure each major event is planned and run smoothly
Supporting advocacy, evaluation, and data collection initiatives (15%)
- Assist the program director and education managers with program evaluation and data collection
- Use data to suggest and implement improvements to the education and artistic experience for students and overall operational effectiveness for the organization
- Support the development team by ensuring program data is accurate and up-to-date for use in grants, proposals, sponsorship applications, donor presentations, and communications
- Support tasks and projects related to ongoing advocacy for equitable music education
Other Stuff (10%)
- Internal and external meetings
- Represent Austin Soundwaves within the community, Texas, and around the United States.
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications. As no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply if you feel that much of the following matches your experience.
- Previous success managing part-time staff and/or volunteers
- Previous success working with K-12 students and/or recent high school graduates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
*Spanish language skills a plus
- Growth mindset: a quick learner with a natural curiosity and the desire to grow new skills necessary for success
- A track record of reliability and consistency
- Comfortable in a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE)
Success is measured by agreed-upon outcomes
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with youth and adult learners from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
- An arts, musical, and/or education background
- Previous experience coordinating or managing special events and concerts.
- At the end of the day, the grit to get the job done at a high level
- Adaptability, creativity, persistence, and patience
- Awareness of the organizational needs working with 30+ staff, 14 partner school teachers and administrators, and 700+ students across the Austin metroplex
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Austin Soundwaves is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its applicants, staff members, and families, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
BENEFITS AND ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE
Employer-paid health and employee-paid dental and vision
Approximately 20 observed holidays and organizational time off
Results Only Work Environment (ROWE)
Unlimited time off via an open time off policy (OTOP)
Quarterly organizational service days
Employees must be based in Austin, TX; hybrid work arrangements are available
The hiring process will include the following steps:
- 15-minute 1-on-1 Zoom screening scheduled between May 25th and June 1st;
- 45-minute in-person or Zoom group interview for 3-4 finalists between June 6th and 10th;
- notification of intent to hire by June 15th;
- offer letter signed by June 25th;
- official starting date August 1st with contracted days for onboarding in July (as available)
If interested, please send the following application materials to email@example.com with PROGRAM MANAGER in the subject line by Friday, May 20th, 2022 at 5pm
- 90-second video pitch telling us why you are a fit for this position, uploaded to YouTube and shared as an unlisted video link **Use a smartphone, tablet, or laptop to record your videos – as long as we can see/hear you clearly, only the content matters, not quality of recording**
- Resume (no more than two pages) in PDF format
To apply for this job please visit www.austinsoundwaves.org.