The nonprofit landscape is constantly changing, and we keep our Members ahead of the curve by providing FREE Webinars on timely subjects. If you miss one, you can simply sign in to the Member Portal to play the recording at a time that is convenient for you. All Webinars run from 11:30am – 12:30pm EST. Nonmembers may participate but will be charged a $25 registration fee.
September 17th at 11:00am EST
“Youth-Led Models for Social Justice, Collaborative Practice, and Creative Citizenship”
Eddy Kwon, Director of MYCincinnati
In this Webinar, Eddy Kwon, Director of MYCincinnati, will share the motivations, structures, and results of some of MYCincinnati’s specialized programming for teens: the Ambassador Ensemble, which combines social justice engagement with collaborative composition and performance; the Youth Apprentice Employment Program, which hires and trains current students to take on critical leadership positions within the daily program; the Citizen Artist Fellowship, an immersive civic-creative program for graduates transitioning into postsecondary work; and the Artists-in-Residence Program, in which MYCincinnati students and professional artists co-create brand-new collaborative work. Register here today!
October 11th at 11:00am EST
“Tips for Submitting a Request For Proposal for the 2019 National Symposium”
Emily Smith, Music Educator & Arts Integration Consultant
Are you interested in submitting a Request For Proposal for the 2019 El Sistema Natinoal Symposium, “360 Degrees of Excellence” ? Are you curious about what makes a succesful proposal? Looking for tips, suggestions, or a chance to brainstorm ideas?
Join Music Educator & Arts Integration Consultant, Emily Smith, for “Tips for Submitting a Request for Proposal for the 2019 National Symposium” with Music Educator and Arts Integration Consultant, Emily Smith. Register here today!
November 9th at 11:00am EST
“Teaching Artistry in Sistema Teaching”
Tricia Tunstall, Author & Music Educator
El Sistema USA presents our November Webinar, “Teaching Artistry in Sistema Teaching” with acclaimed author and Music Educator, Tricia Tunstall.
Tricia Tunstall is a writer, speaker, consultant and teacher who focuses on music education and social change in the U.S. and around the world. Her latest book is “Playing For Their Lives: The Global El Sistema Movement For Social Change Through Music” (W.W. Norton, September 2016), co-authored with Eric Booth. Her book “Changing Lives: Gustavo Dudamel, El Sistema, and the Transformative Power of Music” (W.W. Norton, 2012) won the 2013 ASCAP Award for outstanding music book of the year and the 2016 Prix Des Muses. “Changing Lives” has been published in five languages and has helped to catalyze the worldwide El Sistema movement. Register here today!
Past Webinars (For Members Only – Login to Access)
- Dr. Armand Hall – “Part 4 of 4 on Collective Composition”
- Emily Smith – “Part 3 of 4 on Collective Composition”
- Camille Delaney -“Part 2 of 4 on Collective Composition“
- Dan Trahey – “Part 1 of 4 on Collective Composition“
- Mike Angell – “Grant Writing Tips for El Sistema Programs“
Sunshine Deffner – “Violin Kit Development & Creating Community“
- Ken MacLeod – “Creating a Powerful Organizational Culture“
- Myka Miller – “Developing and Managing a Fundraising Department“
- Katie Wyatt – “Building a Fundraising Program From Scratch, Part 1“
- Seth Truby – “Building a Fundraising Program From Scratch, Part 2“
- Elizabeth Moulthrop and Pam Palumbo – “Alternative Ways to Funding an El Sistema Inspired Program“
- Melissa St. John / SocialSolved.net – “Social Media Fundamentals for El Sistema Programs“
- Stanford Thompson & Lisa Beckman – “Attracting Major Donors and Leveraging Their Investments“