Employment Opportunity: PRESTO Program Manager
Location: Can be done remotely or in our Durham offices
Starting Date: Summer 2019
El Sistema USA seeks a part-time Program Manager to lead the production of our three-year Program for Emerging Sistema Inspired Organizations (PRESTO) cohort- a funding and training initiative designed to support and grow early-stage organizational members of El Sistema USA. This position is funded through a grant and will exist July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2021.
El Sistema USA is supporting the growth and sustainability of the El Sistema movement in the U.S. We identified 13 members of El Sistema USA within their first 5 years of program activity and invested in them financially and programmatically. Through PRESTO, we have created a cohort of selected grantees and launched a 3-year partnership of matching grants and capacity development training in leadership and organizational growth. As a cohort, grantees share best practices and receive training in fundraising and management, all the while sharing their success stories and challenges. Throughout the 3-year funding partnership, members of the cohort participate in ESUSA national conferences and prepare online and in-person presentations to share their growth lessons with the field. Each of the PRESTO cohort members are paired with a Mentor from within the membership of El Sistema USA who supports their cohort member’s growth and challenges. Yearly, each cohort member and mentor also exchange site visits for on-the-ground learning.
About the PRESTO Program Manager job
The PRESTO Program Manager position is an excellent opportunity for a highly-detailed and motivated professional with a commitment to supporting the El Sistema movement of music for social change. S/he will manage the development, implementation, administration, and evaluation of the PRESTO program. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Program Manager will work in collaboration with a team that includes the PRESTO Committee of the Board, the PRESTO Cohort and Mentors, and developing relationships with members of El Sistema USA.
- Communicate with PRESTO cohort members and mentors to support their success in the program.
- Manage and track PRESTO Program budget and travel reimbursements.
- Maintain communications with external funder of PRESTO Program, including submitting annual progress reports.
- Maintain communications with the PRESTO Committee of the Board, including scheduling meetings, providing updates on program status, creating materials for committee, as needed.
- Coordinate the production of annual and quarterly PRESTO gatherings to include: communications and travel; coordinating and planning meetings; onsite logistics and catering
- Coordinate the production of all in-person and online PRESTO training sessions, web-based events (webinars, zoom chats), and other programs.
- Coordinate the annual reporting and program assessment process for the PRESTO program, including tracking awards funding, mentorship site visits and communications, and the annual & 6-month cohort progress updates.
- Collect and analyze data from surveys, session evaluations, and perform research as needed for program assessment and development.
- Review, edit, curate, and develop program materials and information resources.
- Working with ESUSA colleagues, partners, and trustees to incorporate PRESTO as a fully integrated program within the array of all El Sistema USA activities.
Other duties and special projects as assigned by the President & CEO. Some travel required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, organizational skills, and facilitation skills with the ability to synthesize information from diverse sources.
- Excellent budgeting, analytical, database, and reporting skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent judgment; ability to be diplomatic and respect confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across a broad and diverse range of constituencies.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years event and/or program management experience preferred.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience, in the $20,000 – $25,000 range for the part-time position.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé with references to Annette Fritzsche at Annette@elsistemausa.org. El Sistema USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.