Employment Opportunity: Director of Membership and Communications
El Sistema USA seeks a full-time (40 hours/week) Director of Membership and Communications to support the program by growing our brand, increasing our Member numbers, and supporting existing Members.
El Sistema USA (ESUSA) is a national alliance of individuals, programs and organizations based on the Venezuelan model of El Sistema and built by the program leaders of the US national movement. The mission of ESUSA is to support and grow a nationwide movement of programs inspired by El Sistema in Venezuela. El Sistema-inspired programs are broadly defined as intensive youth music programs that seek to affect social change through the ambitious pursuit of musical excellence by empowering the children with the fewest resources and greatest need. As of May 2018, ESUSA includes over 80-member programs (from a self-identified field of ~160 programs nationally), serving over 20,000 students grades K-12. Through alignment with our membership criteria, ESUSA member programs commit to developing young musicians as well as active community participants.
The Director of Membership and Communications would report directly to the Executive Director and act as the liaison between Members and El Sistema USA as well as serve as a public face of the organization on social media and with the press.
- Post to all social media platforms at least three times a week (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Manage all social media platforms daily: Check Notifications, respond to messages, share Member content when asked, thank responders, engage with others.
- Create website content (WordPress pages and posts) as needed to communicate news and events.
- Plan monthly Continuing Education webinars (identify hosts, create webinar, email access instructions to registrants, share materials to the webinar and then also make all webinar materials available within our CRM/Member Portal for Member access. Create Facebook Event.
- Send out Press Releases when appropriate.
- Develop on-going unique Marketing initiatives / new programs or ideas to help support our Members and grow our brand within the community.
- Create and send a monthly email newsletter.
- Assist in the onboarding of new members.
- Recruit new member programs.
- Renew existing members.
- Support members with online and social media resources.
- Be the link between members and El Sistema USA.
- Reflect on continuing to add value for members of ESUSA.
Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Director. Some travel required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, organizational skills, and facilitation skills with the ability to synthesize information from diverse sources.
- Excellent analytical, database, and reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent judgment; ability to be diplomatic and respect confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across a broad and diverse range of constituencies
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of three years relevant experience preferred
- Experience with WordPress, Hootsuite, MailChimp, graphic design or video editing applications a huge plus.
Salary commensurate with experience, in the $40,000 – $50,000 range.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé with references to Katie Wyatt, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. El Sistema USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.